Share | 

New George Romero Zombie Film Begins Production

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tom K
Admin

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: New George Romero Zombie Film Begins Production   Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:15 am

From Fangoria

Screen Daily reported today that lensing has begun on George A. Romero’s latest zombie flick, a semi-direct follow-up to this year’s DIARY OF THE DEAD, in Ontario, Canada. The film, whose scenario sounds like it should be titled ISLAND OF THE DEAD, is “not a sequel but a new adventure informed by the contemporary social and political climate,” the trade says.

The action takes place on an isolated isle off the North American coast, where the community’s undead rulers find themselves locked in a struggle over whether to eat surviving human inhabitants or keep them alive in the hope of finding a cure. Romero told Fango recently that the film will deal with “tribalism” as its sociopolitical theme, and the conflict with the human survivors will resemble that between “the Hatfields and the McCoys.”

The ensemble cast of mostly Canucks includes Alan Van Sprang, who played the colonel in DIARY OF THE DEAD and also appeared in LAND OF THE DEAD, SHUTTER and SAW III; Kenneth Welsh, veteran of Canadian-lensed chillers THE COVENANT, THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE, HABITAT, HIDEAWAY and OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN; Kathleen Munroe; Devon (LAND OF THE DEAD) Bostick; Richard (KINGDOM HOSPITAL) Fitzpatrick; Athena (SAW IV) Karkanis; and Stefano Colacitti. Reportedly, only two actors from DIARY OF THE DEAD will reprise their roles in the new movie (DIARY’s Shawn Roberts is currently acting alongside Mel Gibson in EDGE OF DARKNESS, so count him out).

In a statement, Romero said, “I’m excited to be back working with my filmmaking family, and I love the new story that we’ve started to shoot. It’s a larger-scale picture than my last one, a different kind of world, and I hope the fans are going to like seeing it as much as I’ve enjoyed working on it.”

Paula Devonshire, whose credits include DIARY and the last two GINGER SNAPS sequels, produces; Romero and creative partner Peter Grunwald serve as executive producers with D.J. Carson, Ara Katz, Art Spigel and Dan Fireman of Artfire Films. Fango will learn more soon, as our crack Toronto correspondent Chris Alexander is already on the case. Check out our Romero podcast where he hinted at the new storyline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/tomkwarrior
Undie

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: New George Romero Zombie Film Begins Production   Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:49 pm

I actually thought that "Diary" was an interesting experiment i will hold judgment until i see this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mathew29

New George Romero Zombie Film Begins Production
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creature Features :: The Resource Bay :: News-
Jump to: