Goyokin (1969)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wolvesblood
Admin

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Goyokin (1969)   Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:31 pm

1831. Impoverished ronin Magobei (Tatsuya Nakadai) quit his official post over an unjust massacre in a northern coastal town years before. To make up for a budgetary shortfall, the local authorities stole a shipment of Imperial gold (the Goyokin, we're told) and shifted blame to a fishing village. Magobei's superior Rokugo Tatewaki (Tetsuro Tamba) officiated over the murder of the entire village, and promised never to let it happen again. Tatewaki now tries to have Magobei killed, alterting the swordsman that another massacre will take place. Ignoring the pleas of Shino (Y├┤ko Tsusaka), Magobei heads north accompanied by Oriha (Ruriko Asaoka), the first massacre's lone survivor. She was forced into a life of crime and also wishes to atone.

I picked this up the other day & boy was I shocked at how amazing this flick was, I guess I should have known because Hideo Gosha always puts out amazing and unique films of this genre. I was amazed by the winter setting, the story at hand, great atmosphere and character buildup, all of it was so unique and exciting. I think this is a top notch film on all levels, some great swordplay by Tatsuya Nakadai and others as well.

This film kind of had a The Good The Bad & The Ugly feel to it, due to the director being a big fan of Spaghetti Westerns, this influence has rubbed off on all his other films I've seen as well. I would like to see more of them get a official release, to many bootlegs out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/faminerecords

Goyokin (1969)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creature Features :: Other Kick Ass Genres :: The Dojo-
Jump to: